Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A revolution without dance is a revolution not worth having.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really hate umbrellas. Some old lady almost poked my eye out because she couldn't see where she was going. Maybe she could've seen my face if hers hadn't been stuck under a stupid plastic tent preventing her from getting wet... I mean really what is that umbrella really protecting you from. Your pants are still wet, and if you are worried about your hair GET A HOOD!

Ok enough of that. Today I finally watched V for Vendetta... I know its been out for a really longtime but I just haven't gotten around to seeing it. I love it. I think everyone should watch it, because it redefines your idea of terrorism. I mean in this case, the movie scenario, this terrorist is seen as a liberator. But is it ok to kill people in the name of liberty? If you say yes... then you must ask yourself where you draw the line. When is terrorism ok, and when is it too far? Is it only too far when its your side they're terrorizing? And then the better question... who says your side is right anyway? It's all very intellectually stimulating. It makes me wish my Dad was here to discuss it, i.e. argue about it. But then again maybe its better that he's not. ;)

At this moment I am trying to plan a two hour lesson for this kid I started tutoring. Two hours is a long time for two people to talk about English. Luckily he's my age and seems pretty interested so its almost like he's just paying me to hang out with him while speaking English. And the family is super nice, last night they fed me din din and for once I felt really comfortable eating with a family of French people. As a population they just have so many rules about food and that freaks me out cause god knows I don't have any. haha

You know what else freaks me out... all of the people in the Mcdonalds eyeing my computer right now. Gotta go :)

Love Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment