Thursday, November 19, 2009

Big Banana

I wish everyone could be a teacher for a day. Sure it sounds easy... vacations all the time and just the sheer act of teaching sounds easy, but its not. Normally I just have small groups of 10 but today because the teacher wasn't there, I took 3 whole classes of spoiled rotten teenagers. Some of them I really like, others not so much. I think I scared some of them because I turned the bitch on. They just wouldn't shut the fuck up. (Sorry mom)I even gave them the stern voice and the go to hell look. It also adds to the intimidation that they don't understand what I'm saying. I don't mind if we aren't talking about what we're supposed to talk about, I mean, its a conversation class so we can talk about whatever we want... but they do not give a shit about me, where I come from, who I am, or what I do. I want to know about them but they won't answer and they never ask me. The kids at the other school(the ghetto one) are interested in me and America and just the fact that I'm older, which makes things easier because I can just talk about America and they are fascinated. In Artney, they can't even consider a life outside of their tiny town. The only time they even acknowledge me is to say something about what I look like. Today I heard a girl make fun of a boy for having a grosse banane. I'm pretty sure its what it sounds like. I just stared at them and another kid said "Don't you know she understands?!" Yeah I do understand... I wasn't really sure how to respond to that. What do you do when a girl tells the whole class that her classmate has a hard on? What the hell. I mean I'm even wearing a scarf so no one can see my boobs... SO that sucked. Luckily I can go for a run its beautiful outside and the day is over. I'm actually sitting outside a tiny train station waiting to go back to civilization and heureusement there is internet. Weird. This is last place I would have thought would even remotely have wireless internet. Ah the modern age.

Anyway France won, cool
Long weekend ahead, also cool

Love Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment