Sunday, November 15, 2009

Did I say Blah? I meant Blois

I love road trips!!! This weekend was amazing... actually, this whole week was awesome. I can't remember the last time that I've laughed so hard so often. For real, everyone I hang out with is so hilarious. So Friday night I hung out at Raina's for awhile and it was really nice to just chill out and talk but then of course we decided to go out because there was gonna be a reggae show. We never did make it there but I did meet up with my roomate and her friends. Needless to say we are three beer glasses richer ;) Then Saturday I got up quite early and went running, yeah, I'm impressed with myself too. After that, I had a really nice lunch with Mathieu. Hmm, lets see what was it? It was quiche lorraine (delicous) salad (deliciously refreshing) some meat soup thing (surprisingly delicious) and chocolate cake. Yeah it was seriously as good as it sounds. Then he took me to this place to buy furniture, sort of like ikea. Well its exactly like Ikea actually. I HAVE SOME FURNITURE NOW!!! Wooo. The best part was when the clerk asked for my address. Its rue Pereira which is extremely difficult for me to say, but Mathieu has been helping me. So when he asked me, Mathieu just looked at me with this hilarious face, like go ahead Farmer lets see what you can do. I said it, and, SUCCESS, he understood me. He spelled it wrong but thats not my fault. Little personal victory for me. And then there was dinner with other friends... also good. After that we went to a party which was mostly dudes. Raina and I were a little apprehensive but after some sparkling wine I think it was fine. At one point everyone was sitting around the table... everyone meaning like 20 people. And this guy asked me to explain my tattoo. He even made someone turn off the music. So everyone was looking at me and I got all embarassed. It definitely didn't go as well as the furniture place. Ha anyway my friends and I (who are american) got all drunk and then in true United States tradition got fast food from, surprise, a drive through. Then I went home and proceeded to talk to my parents on skype... sorry Mom and Dad. Next time you talk to me, I wont slur my words ;)

Sunday was spent in Blois which is a little town south west of Orléans. It was awesome, Ill post some pictures I got some good ones of all of us in the Chateau. Anyway I need to go to sleep, Im exhausted.

Love Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment