Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Jour Férié

Way to go soldiers. You deserve a day.

Today is Armistice Day the day of the end of World War I. Everything I mean EVERYTHING is closed. The grocery store, the bars, restaurants are all closed. I didn't really see anything cool going on but apparently there was a parade. That's nice.

A little update on my life. I did in fact get paid, so now starts the repayment process. I owe a bunch of people drinks, maybe some food, and my teacher lent me money to buy a tram ticket so I could get to my job. Nothing serious though. My air mattress that I was sleeping on lasted me just long enough to get paid so that I can buy a new one. I'm thinking a bigger one. I even saw these things to raise it up off the ground for really cheap. I can also buy something to hang my clothes on so they aren't just folded onto the floor. I finally did laundry today... real laundry (not my silly handwashing) after almost 2 months of being here. I have so many clothes and they are all displayed neatly on my floor until I have the time to take them to the landromat to dry them. I used my friends washing machine but he doesn't have a dryer. And since ALL of my clothes were dirty I need to dry them pretty quick. Ha. Anyway things are going good, I'm not lonely or anything and I seem to have found some really good people to hang out with. I cooked lasagna last night and that was a hit. Someone even said it was the best lasagna they've ever had. Yay me. There is an American girl that just got here and sometimes I think we are the same person. Its nice to have her around because we are going through similar things. Its cool to be able to deal with that with someone else.

Raina cooking me a delicious meal,


My clothes displayed neatly on the floor for drying purposes.


Mathieu and Zack in the park


Yay friends having intellectual discussions... probably not too intellectual.
It's nice here, or as my friend would say c'est pas dégeulasse. I'm pretty sure he's the only person that says that... but now I think there will be a lot of Americans that say it. I've noted that my English has gotten really really bad since I've been here. I really have a hard time saying an entire sentence without messing it up, or accidentally saying a french word with an american accent. Weird. Well, that's a folks. À la prochaine.

Love Leah

*edit*
See I can't even say That's All Folks... je suis dumb

No comments:

Post a Comment