Monday, October 26, 2009

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses.

Last night was a lovely evening. I've been really tired from all of this doing nothing business but I decided to go out anyway. My friend Laura came over for me to cut her hair and afterward we went down to the river and drank some beer that she had brought.



The beer is called Desperado... its very apropos because its "desperately" trying to be good. I think its supposed to be Mexican, but its brewed in France and its tequila flavored. But beggars can't be choosers I suppose. Ok so then we went to L'Atelier which is a bar, the only bar in fact where you can hear live music on a regular basis. So I met a bunch of friends and listened. The band was from Rennes which is in the Brittany region of France. The were folky with a southern american, irish celtic influence. It was lovely AND they sang in English. Actually it made me pretty homesick but not in a bad way. I told them afterward that I really liked it and that I was from Texas and their music reminded me of home. One of the guys said "Oh Texas I've been there once, to Austin to play in this big music festival called South by Southwest." I went nuts, I said "OH MY GOD!!! Thats where I'm from, I know that festival blah blah blah."

After that we tried to play UNO with 4 different nationalities and that my friends is just too hard. Its a little funny that UNO stands for the United Nations Organization. We were not representing it well. :)

See you soon,
Love Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment