Thursday, October 8, 2009

Get out of here Binx II

Well I am officially a technology addict. My internet doesnt really work and my phone is out of minutes. What is really troubling is that I dont have a reliable source of contact for work. On top of all that, Im typing on a french keyboard and its hard. The whole phone thing is only bad because everyone expects that they can get a hold of me. If no one cared then it wouldnt matter.Anyway...

Im really enjoying our apartment. We have these gigantic windows that I would really like to keep open but Binx II, the neighborhood kitten, loves it inside our house way too much. Hes really cute and everything but he has sores and stuff... I dont want to pet that. GROSS.

Ive now seen most of my classes, and at this point all of the kids in the school know who I am, even if they dont take english. So, when I walk across the quad, everyone screams hello at me. Its almost tiring how much a french person says hello during the course of his or her day. They say it to EVERYONE! This is the weirdest age for kids especially in french schools because middle school is from 11-16. So there are these tall dudes, im talkin young men, sitting next to little boys whose balls havent dropped yet and could sing soprano. Its hilarious hearing them talk to one another. One of the classes though is insane. Its pretty much because the teacher has zero classroom management abilities. She was so nervous and spent the entire period saying shhh. And the kids just ignored her completely. When I was talking they were a little better because they didnt know me but they just dont give a shit. Plus she kept calling them stupid, which is a big no no I think. I mean if I raised my hand and the teacher said, and I quote, "What is that question, are you stupid or something?" I would never want to raise my hand again. On the other hand the other teachers I observe are amazing and so helpful. One offered to take me with his family when they tour chateaus. And my mentor teacher is letting me do my laundry at her house. Everyone is so nice here.

Thats all for now Im hungry,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment