Sunday, December 13, 2009

The New Marilyn Monroe

SOOOO
It has been an eventful weekend for me. First thursday night there was a party at my house where I accidentally got drunk I forgot that American whiskey (yes i specifically bought bourbon) is stronger than scotch. I dont know if thats true but thats how I feel it all went down. So anyway I went to bed at about 2 and woke up and 6 to work allllllll day. 8- 430 ( I know all the people with real jobs are like shut up Leah) THEN I had to run.. seriously run.. by tram and then on foot.. to the place where the concert was for soundcheck. Then I had to run... again seriously... to my house. None of these places are even remotely close to each other. Anyway luckily Mathieu picked me up once I showered and everything because he had to go there too. So we get there and its 3 euros to get in with an open bar. Nice. The family I work for came and most of our friends came because the jazz group I play with are all my friends. Long story short the band was awesome. We rocked it seriously. People were dancing and cheering and people came up to us after, it was really great. Then we just danced the night away. Oh how I miss singing.

So that night I went to bed late again because of the partying and had to get up early again! 730 this time to go to Paris with the family. It was the Fete de Mexicanos. So we went to mass at Notre Dame which was really neat and its just beautiful in there. But instead of a traditional mass they had a mariachi band to play mexican hymns. The mass was in spanish and french. All in all it really made me miss my little mexican Sarah. The mariachi singer sang Ave Maria and it was the most beautiful thing ive heard in a long time. So after that we ate at a Mexican restaurant!!!!!!! I was so stoked, we even had margaritas!! So good.

It was a good day but by the end I just couldnt say anything else I was so cold and tired. But now Im good. I miss everyone like crazy especially because its the holidays. They actually play christmas carols in the sreet through speakers. Its like being in a movie or something. Ha, anyway I hope everyone at home is good. I love ya'll;

Love Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment