Monday, December 7, 2009

I taught Frenchies how to Two Step

Hello everyone,

I feel like its been a long time since I've written. That is partially due to my fab trip to Paris grâce à Mathieu and his friends who were super nice. The only, I mean the only thing I would have changed about the weekend was the fact that they live on the 13th floor and the elevator is broken. Well at least I got some exercise. Anyway I ate delicious Japanese food and we saw a really good rock show, which made me super homesick. All I could think about was Austin when we were watching them. Anyway, we also so an amazing Miles Davis exhibit. It was cool because there are so many things to show since it wasn't that long ago that he was alive. It went through his entire career and it just goes to show, NOBODY looked cool in the 80's. It really was a good trip and the people were very cool and patient with my bad french.

But now with the sadness. Its funny how with an  awesome weekend comes a bad day. Its raining (like always), I don't feel good, I'm homesick, I sang really badly at practice because A) my heart wasn't in it and B) I'm getting sick. Then I had to go to tutoring which wasn't bad at all actually it was nice. But then when we were waiting for the tram and there was this group of idiot boys, you know the kind that harass women and rape children, sell drugs all that good stuff. There are a lot in Orléans so I just avoid that part of town.. which is easy. But they were at the tram stop and they came up to the car and asked Nico (the guy I tutor) for his car lighter, which was missing. Nico said to me... well he sure didn't come up here to ask for that lighter he came up here to see what you look like. So we went to the next one and sure enough they were on the tram and then one of them pissed in it. What the fuck. You know I get really tired of being called FILLE FILLE VIENS! TOI, FILLE! I hate it.

Anyway, Stoney sent me a good christmas gift and I'm listening to some of it right now.  Here are some pictures from Pere Lachaise (the big cemetery in Paris) Why do I like to visit cemeteries so much... I don't know. Makes for good pictures though.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment