Saturday, December 26, 2009

It's 3:30pm... My Turn Jesus!


Birthday cake!
Ok so yesterday was my birthday, I'm sure all of you know that because I usually do a countdown beginning in December haha. Anyway. The night of the 24th I went over to a family's house (I give english lessons to one of their kids and they just really like me) so we exchanged presents and they gave me local specialties, like cookies and candy and this pear brandy sort of thing AND two tickets to the championship basketball game because Orléans team is playing. Apparently they are really good, so that should be cool. So after that I went home and starting cooking. I made Turkey with foie gras and fig stuffed in it... so good, and I made my french green bean casserole. For those of you who have never tried foie gras, I suggest you do it because it is delicious seriously. So anyway then Raina, her boyfriend and Kyle (another american dude) came over and there were supposed to be more people but we actually had a lot of fun. We ate, we drank and boy were we merry. Then of course I talked to my parents at 3 in the morning.

The next day was a surpisingly beautiful day. I went to Raina's house and had brunch and then we went for a sunny walk (for once in the last month and a half) along the Loire. Lovely. Later that night we went to the best sushi restaurant ever. I mean real japanese style restaurant. Good wine good food good peeps. I couldn't have asked for more... well except my friends and family from the States. But beggars can't be choosers I suppose. :) All in all great day!

Thanks to everyone who made it special!
Love Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment