Monday, January 18, 2010

Flowin Like A River

So even though I'm tired... I don't want to go to sleep. I'm not really sure why, so I guess I'll just write in here, even though everyone knows nothing good comes from talking (or writing) late at night. Lately I've been thinking about the future. Its time to start making some decisions or at least start setting myself up to make decisions. For instance, whether or not I want to come back to France I still have to find a job here and at home so that way, no matter what decision I make I will have something waiting for me. This means I need to make a to do list.
1. Finish online teacher training
2. Register for the last two tests that I have to take, Oral French and Pedagogy
3. Finish my CV in French and send to every university in France
4. Check and see what one must do to have a permanent job in France
5. Apply  for teaching positions in Austin

I'm sure there is more but I really need to get on this shit or else when I get home I will have no prospects. It was nice being here for awhile and not thinking about anything except what I'm doing right now. I think one day it will be kind of cool knowing that I can have a stable job for awhile. Of course I say that but I'm sure after a year at any given job I'll be itching to move. You never know though. I think this is about to turn into a random stream of consciousness post. I bought a dress for the gala.. I hate shopping, mostly because I hate trying things on. Its funny  because I feel like the average girl is shaped like me but the fashion world doesn't want to accept that they would sell more clothes if they were made for curvy people. I've been really sensitive lately and god knows that shopping for clothes doesn't make me feel any more confident.. although at least I wasn't bathing suit shopping.  Can't wait for that to happen. Psyche. Hmm what else. Oh yes, If you ask someone for advice... either take it or don't. The end. I like it when people notice how I'm feeling without having to ask. That saves me the trouble and embarrassment of telling them, it also means they are sensitive and thus we have something in common. I like it when people tell me things they don't normally tell other people because it makes me feel special. haha. I have no idea what I am writing right now. I'm not drunk I swear. I recently read a really good book called The Mysterious Case of the Dog in the Nighttime. Its written as if its told by a boy with mild autism and I really enjoyed it because it really lets you in and lets you understand what the train of thought is for someone with Asperger's syndrome ( I tutored a kid with Asperger's) The book is endearing and funny and kind of a quick read. I recommend it.

Alright maybe I should give it a rest,
Goodnight all... well for some of you good evening enjoy your din din ;)
Love Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment