Monday, March 29, 2010

An Automatic Kind of Girl

Long time no type! Its been a busy week because my parents were here! It was awesome and I'll tell you a little about it, unfortunately they took all the pictures so I can't enrich my post with photos like usual. Ok so I went to pick them up from the airport and then forced them to drag all of their luggage through many metros which was a huge pain in the ass but hey thats how people get around here. Finally we got to their hotel which was in a part of town I'd never been too so that was cool. It was around Gare St Lazare. So all we did pretty much was walk around and eat. Not too bad. On Monday I had to return to Orleans because I had to work. They came down Wednesday afternoon and we quickly realized that my mom had left her wallet on the train...byebye wallet forever. Luckily her passport was not inside. Then after many administrative wallet related shenanigans we ate dinner at my house with Amanda, Raina and Mathieu. We didnt' eat just any dinner mind you... we ate Raclette. MMMMMmm melted cheese and potatoes. Then the next day Mathieu was kind enough to drive us to a castle and then to a wine cave and we got a cool little tour and many glasses for wine tasting. Then we went out to eat and to one of my favorite bars where we partied way to hard. Saturday I met back with my parents in Paris and we went to Centre Pompidou and saw a really cool exhibit by Lucien Freud. I recommend it.  All and all it was a good trip for them. They really liked my friends I think and they really liked Mathieu which is awesome.

A completely unrelated but funny story. Yesterday Mathieu and I went to his mom's house to eat lunch. She lives in the country a little bit so we decided he should teach me how to drive a manual. I was a little apprehensive but whatever I have done it before. So I get into the car and he gives me a some last minute reminders and I start crying because I'm so scared (I was laughing at the same time and so was he at the ridiculousness of me crying) I think I have a phobia. So I calmed down and then started driving I even got it into second and went back down into first but then I had to turn around and I couldn't quite do a u turn so I was going to stop and do a 3 point turn. Then Mathieu starts aking what are you doing and I freak out and the car stalls because I didn't push the clutch while I was breaking or whatever. Then I really started crying because we were headed for a giant hole and I could've killed someone.

That is the end of stick driving for me... ill  just have my toyota shipped over.

Love Leah

1 comment:

  1. Leah... check it out
    lostinthelastfrontier.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete