Friday, March 5, 2010

Its a Lame One

There are two common english words that you quickly learn cannot be said in a french classroom;
Beach and Sheet. So now I say, do you like to go to the ocean and will you please take out a piece of paper.

Besides all that, classes are going ok. I still have issues with one of the classes full of 12 year olds at the ghetto school. There is this one kid that always starts teasing the other one, but quietly so I cant hear and when the other one retaliates the first kid screams at me "MISSES MISSES HE SAY  ZE BAD WORD!!!!!" Of course I tell him not to interrupt me and that "if you hadnt called him a douchebag first, he might not have called you a dickhead." So that way he learns cause and effect with his english. I also taught them the golden rule. No, not that whoever has the gold makes the rules... you know the one you learned when you were little and that most people quickly forgot. Yes that one, do unto others as you would have done unto you. Obviously they don't understand...

Anyway, its not too long before my parents come. YAY. That means Im getting peanut butter :) Im excited. Then after that its not too long before this job is over and I come back to the US. I've been looking for jobs for next year here and finally I got an interview as an english teacher at a university in Grenoble. But guess what... the interview is the day that my parents are here. So I asked for another day but its not looking good. Oh well its at least encouraging to get an interview.

Sorry France, you'll have to put up with me a little longer.
Love Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment