Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pass the Courvoisier

Ah the sun, le soleil. J'adore. I had the best weekend. First Mathieu, Amanda (my roommate) and I drove to her house which is in Cognac country. Practically everyone that lives there works in the cognac industry. Whether it be growing the grapes, distilling, bottling, what have you. We stayed with Amanda's family who are the most friendly welcoming people, even though her dad was a little hard for me to understand because he has a thick accent and talks really fast. But anyway we walked around and went to a distillery and tasted some cognac...ok a lot of cognac. Amanda's family has a big ole Saint Bernard who is 6 months old and weighs over 100 lbs. He was so cute. And I got to play with Amanda's nephew Hugo who's so adorable I could have squeezed him to death... good thing I didn't.
So then, Mathieu and I said goodbye to her family and moved on down the road to Bordeaux which is a beautiful city, if not a little old looking. I really liked it, lots of flowers and its super sunny.So we spent about a half a day there and then we went to hang out with Mathieu's dad next to the ocean. Man I wished it were warmer I wanted to go swimming so bad. So it was beautiful and we drove forever to get home but all in all it was a perfect weekend really. I'll put some pictures up when I think about it.

Also, I'm gonna stay in France. I'm looking for a job, and even if I don't find one I'm coming back here. So, I'll be home in a month and a half, say goodbye to me then and hopefully it won't be the last time you see me.

Love Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment