Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Put Another Dime In the Jukebox Baby

Hello world,

So this week marks the end of another chunk of school which means that Friday marks the beginning of yet another vacation. I thought teaching in the US would be awesome because of summer but this is just ridiculous. Anyway for this vacation Ill actually be doing something interesting, IM GOING TO PRAGUE! So thats exciting. Ill be sure to send lots of postcards.
So we had a dress rehearsal for the gala and apparently our group was one of if not the best. I wish that meant we were totally awesome (we were good) but it really just means that the rest of the groups werent so good. This one group covered some of my favorite songs that Ive always wanted to cover and they did it horribly. Oh well. It made me feel better at least. So the list of songs Im singing includes... Hit the Road Jack, Sunny, I love Rock and Roll, Fever and then some back up stuff. Its cool.
In other news I have to tell my gym when i want to end my subscription and send a letter to my landlord about when Im moving out... sadness.
Im doing Valentines Day with the kids today. Last week I had to break up a fight in this class so we'll see how it goes. I changed the seating chart so I dont think it will be a problem anymore. Plus they are 12 and barely come up to my chest so if they do get in a fight its not like Im risking injury in pulling them apart. But who gets in a fight during a lesson about Valentines Day, its LOVE people!! Im having them write poems. I realize it could be kind of cruel to make middle school kids write love poems considering its the most awkward age ever but oh well, theyll learn someday. And why not today? Ok Il faut que j'y ailles.

Love
Leah

1 comment:

  1. please post the poems that the kids write

    ReplyDelete