Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fatiguée

Wow, French people stay up really late.

This past weekend has been really interesting. As I don't really know anyone, I just kind of follow people I meet around for awhile and hang out with them. Through my roommate, I met some girls who are studying at the University. They only speak English, which is kind of weird, but they had one french friend. I ended up hanging out with this french girl and her french friends when the English speakers went home early. I followed them around for awhile and we drank in front of the cathedral, which is much bigger and more beautiful than I would have expected from such a small city. On another night I went out with Arnault. My good friend Paul in Austin is Arnault's cousin. Its a very small world. Anyway we went to a club and went dancing. It was fun.
This week was the festivale de la Loire. The Loire is the river that runs through the city. So by the water there are booths with food and crèpes and beer and wine. Its awesome. And last night I saw the most beautiful fireworks. C'était vraiment sympa. This city is very charming and quaint. There are a millions little streets to get lost on, a million shops, and a gazillion brasseries. I live on top of one in fact.

Today is Sunday and nothing is open. So I went to have lunch with Arnault and his parents which was delicious. They have a beautiful house with a beautiful garden. This is Arnault! We ate some sort of stew I think it was duck or turkey or something like that. It was really good and of course bread and cheese.
It's pretty right? So I think I'm going to take a nap... I start working on Tuesday so I really should take advantage of these nothing days. I will teach at two schools, one is apparently in the country, a forgotten city as Arnault's dad said. And the other is in the ghetto. Awesome. Well I'll post soon.

Bon courage!
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment