Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm alive

I'm bringing back the blog. I haven't touched it since I got home from France and a lot has changed since  then. I suppose I can give you a quick rundown, my life in a bulleted list if you will. Here goes:

  •  Came home from France. Ate lots of Mexican food. Discovered I was Lactose Intolerant
  • Lived with Mom and Dad. Got job as bartender (it was the best job ever)
  • Went to Austin. Got hired at a computer company. Moved back in with Sarah in Austin. Was very happy
  • Mathieu came to live with me. Broke up with Mathieu. Mathieu moved back to France
  • Learned to camp and snowboard. Survived.
  • Still work at said computer company. Am single (and content with that). Decided to apply to nursing school. Made Mom very happy.
So I guess that is the very quick version of my life from May 2010 to January 2011. The one good thing about this job at Computer Place is that I have a lot of time to ponder while waiting to have 2 minute conversations with people. Its interesting how much you can learn about someone in a two minute phone conversation about technical support. One, you can quickly assess what region the person is from based on accent (obviously) but also, more comically, word choice. I can pick a Canadian out faster than he can say zed. Two, you can learn a lot about their patience level. They are calling because their computers are broken and their businesses aren't running. That can piss a lot of people off, not to mention the less than 5 star service Computer Place is known for. So, I also commend people on not speaking to me like I'm an idiot. Some people, however, are ignorant and rude for no reason. I think they've just gone through life getting their way by being belligerent (sadly it often works). I was raised with a thick skin, thankfully, so they ain't rufflin my feathers. I mean come on, don't bite the hand that feeds, you know?

Anyway, I still speak French everyday with my coworker who's from Cameroon. I still have a lot to say about things so I figured I should dust off the old blog and see if she still fits. 'Spose she does.

Should I change the name?

Leah

2 comments:

  1. yes, change it to "Big Fish, Many Ponds"

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you calling me fat, haha i like that. Will do

    ReplyDelete