Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Je ne sais quoi

I thought about describing to you my doings of late. My trip to Montpellier (which was the best weekend of my life), my trips to Paris or even my mundane daily activities of... well...nothing. Instead I think I might just talk about random things.

Have you ever seen the movie or read the book the Outsiders? I like it because it talks about what it actually means to be an outsider. It seems at some point or another everyone in the book feels like they don't belong in either their own group or the other cliques that exist. I've been thinking about this situation a lot lately because lets face it I am an outsider in many ways. Then I realized that its ridiculous. It's a weird defense mechanism. Protecting yourself from being judged by giving others something to judge on purpose. That way what they are judging isn't you its your fake image. Brilliant. Now though, not only are you protecting yourself from the people that aren't in your "group" but those who are in it as well because once you step outside your house wearing a mask...you have to wear it all the time. Its not like Ross's british accent where you can slowly, sneakily get rid of it (it didn't even work in tv world). So en gros I shouldn't be afraid to talk to people just because I'm afraid they won't like me. Because that's stupid. The end.

Next I'm coming home on Monday and I've been thinking about lots of things lately.
Notably:
Dos XX
Refried beans
tortilla chips
baked beans
the 4th of July
outdoor swimming pools
ceiling fans
orange dogs that breathe in peoples faces

Last. All you LOST haters should just be quiet and let those of us who like it bask in the glory of the sweetest ending ever. Sure it didn't answer all of the questions that were ever posed on the show but hey, when in life do you have all the answers? Exactly. AND the show wasn't even about the questions it was about the people and I think the ending was perfect and open leaving you the viewer to interpret how you see fit. RIP Lost.

Love Leah

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I've really enjoyed reading your entries.
    Have you stopped for good or will you be back?

    ReplyDelete