Monday, February 7, 2011

0 to 60 in 24 Hours... Degrees that is


This was on Friday morning. At noon there was little trace of snow save the few spots that hadn't been in the sun yet. The next day was so warm that you would have never known the morning before had snow on the ground. Weekend was awesome. Friday night I saw some old friends that I hadn't seen in way too long of a time so that was really nice. I also didn't know that they worked with me at Computer Place, so now I have new chat buddies! Then we saw Elephant M (a band with some kickin bass lines) and continued on to my friend's house party, where there were some other cool bands playing. The house is magnificent; floor to ceiling windows overlooking Zilker Park. It's an older house so it has lots of charm and personality which is added to by the eclectic way it's decorated. This chick was singing, I think they were called White Dress , and it was mesmerizing. Looking back on it, I don't think it would have taken a lot to mesmerize me, but I'm pretty sure they were good.
Next day was a rough one. I was like a pitiful, shivering zombie with empty eyes, turns out all those zombie movies got it wrong... coffee is the only cure. After some java, I was raring to go and we met up for some soccer in Zilker Park. I haven't played soccer since my days at the YMCA (when I would only play while wearing a tiara) so I was a little apprehensive but it was super fun... minus the ball I took to the stomach. Then we feasted on Polvos. I recommend the fish fajitas and the maragaritas. After all that I went to bed at 10:30, on a Saturday. I'm proud of me.
Sunday was a lovely if not very very lazy day. Of course it was the superbowl so I went to a superbowl party and I'd be lyin if I said I watched the game. There were so many people that I had never met before that I was too distracted by mingling. I think the Packers won... right? Oh well.
I wish I had some more pictures but my camera died so next post should be a little more interesting. I hope everyone had an amazing weekend!

Listen to the Two Gallants station on Pandora, specifically My Madonna
"And I curse my own comfort for the deaf and the blind,
cause it's dark as a dungeon way down in my mind
And I wake on the floor with my country at war,
and I wish I could care but my liver's too sore.
And if liquor's a lover, you know I'm a whore,
if liquor's a lover, you know I'm a whore"



Love Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment